- Posted : 07/04/2011
- Name: Ali
- Subject: VAT on Carriage charge
Customer Comment Details
very upsetting experince. calculation at the check out is quite dodgy. carriage charges and vat was not clear in first place. Anyway I have decided not to do any shoping from this site.
I could left your site without saying anything but my comments was only to provide an honest feedback as a general user's experience. I am sure you wont mind it.
For example, here is the experience as a general shopper or online buyer.
- I selected following item:
1TB Western Digital, My Book 3.0, External 3.5", USB 3.0
£65.98 ex VAT
£79.18 inc VAT
- Here I know I have to pay £79.18 in total.
- On check out the total was showing as below
Net Total £65.98
- Here calculation is quite confusing. I think you are charging VAT on carriage (the word should be shipping) as well. However on left hand side my basket still showing
£79.18 inc VAT as a total for my shopping.
- Any extra charges including shippment should be shown on front page with the item. This should be clear in first place so user can at least have an idea how much he has to pay.
- I spend quite long time to search items and put in basket and on check out it was complete different price which I was expecting.
- This should be pretty standard and transparent shopping process as we have with other sites such Amazon or eBay etc.
If you have any further information please let me know. Also I would like see your comments as well so please feel free to send me your any comments.
Thank you for your reply and comments, It is greatly appreciated! We are always looking for ways in which to improve our service and, quite literally, our ears are always open to any comments or suggestions, whether they are positive or negative. It is through feedback that we are able to really understand the needs of our customers and put our energy into the appropriate areas.
Unfortunately we are unable to show the carriage and delivery costs on the front page because carriage isnt per item, its based on a total weight and therefore calculated at the basket stage most other companies are the same for example Amazon, Aria etc. You do not have to log in to view your basket and it should appear a full and total cost when viewing your basket, our delivery fees are also stated as a guide within the delivery section of our website.
The delivery service charge is not just carriage, it's shipping + handling + insurance for your parcel and it covers many things. This is why we charge vat for it, as it's not just a carriage charge, it is a general service charge. I hope this helps to clarify and please don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything else.
Customer Support Manager
© 1986-2011 Scan Computers International Ltd. "